Windows Powershell Scripting and Toolmaking
Gain the expertise to better administer a wide variety of server and client products and technologies that offer Windows PowerShell integration.
In this course, you will learn to build reusable tools by using Windows PowerShell 5.0/5.1. This course focuses on the Windows PowerShell scripting language and on the concepts and techniques needed to design tools, including output requirements and functional requirements. You will learn functions to deal with anticipated errors using standard PowerShell patterns and practices. By course completion, you will be armed with the knowledge and skills to better administer a wide variety of server and client products and technologies that offer Windows PowerShell integration, including Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Windows Active Directory Domain Services, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and more.
This course includes:
- Certified instructor-led training
- Virtual course delivery
- Catered lunch, snacks, coffee and light breakfast foods daily
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for administrators in a Microsoft-centric environment who want to build reusable units of automation, automate business processes, and enable less-technical colleagues to accomplish administrative tasks.
- Experience at basic Windows administration
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to query and modify system information
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to discover commands and their usage
- Experience using WMI and/or CIM to query system information
What you will learn
- Describe the correct patterns for building modularized tools in Windows PowerShell
- Build highly modularized functions that comply with native PowerShell patterns
- Build controller scripts that expose user interfaces and automate business processes
- Manage data in a variety of formats
- Write automated tests for tools
- Debug tools