What the Heck is a Domain Name Registry Doing in Cybersecurity?
CIRA is Canada’s non-profit domain name registry, keeping over 2.7 million .CA domain names online 100% of the time. The good things we do for Canada include a national approach to security, because despite all the redundancy and security in place, the bad people keep wreaking havoc.
This presentation will:
- Delve into the role of Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) in providing an infrastructure resistant to DDoS attacks
- Review CIRA’s authoritative DNS infrastructure in IXPs - and how BCNET members can take advantage of it as part of membership
- Understand how a registry architects infrastructure that is constantly under attack
- Introduce a policy-enabled recursive service currently protecting over 500,000 users across Canada with dozens of educational institutions among the leading users
- Review the data science behind how we detect and block malware and phishing. Including examples where this perimeter caught new threats already inside
Business Development, Canadian Internet Registration Authority