Gain a global perspective of the challenges of designing a secure system, touching on all the cyber roles needed to provide a cohesive security solution.
Learn about current threat trends across the Internet and their impact on organizational security through lecture, labs and breakout discussion groups.
In the Cybersecurity Foundations course, you will review standard cybersecurity terminology and compliance requirements, examine sample exploits, and gain hands-on experience mitigating controls. In a contained lab environment, you will also work with live viruses, including botnets, worms, and Trojans.
- Expert trainers, certified instructor-led training
- In-person and online course delivery options
- Catered lunch, snacks, coffee and light breakfast foods daily
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Network professionals looking to advance their knowledge and explore cybersecurity as a career path.
- Executives and managers looking to increase their ability to communicate with security professionals and implement a robust security solution at the organizational level.
- Individuals wants to improve their understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals, including threats, mitigating controls, and organizational responsibilities.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Current cyber threats and cybersecurity site references
- Government-mandated directives and compliance requirements
- Cyber roles required to successfully design secure systems
- The attack cycle perpetrated by malicious hackers
- Enterprise policy requirements
- Best strategies for securing the enterprise with layered defenses
- How security zones and detailed logging augment information assurance
- Forensic challenges and incident response planning
- Risk management process
- Goals achievable with auditing, scanning, and testing systems
- Industry recommendations for maintaining secure access control
- Standards-based cryptographic solutions for securing communications
This course is unavailable at this time.
Course Fees (Login required)