Project Management Fundamentals
A well-planned, well-managed project provides clarity, reduces risk, controls cost, and delivers value to the business.
Practice using the tools and techniques of formal project management in the Project Management Fundamentals course.
By taking this course, you will learn the fundamentals and best practices of project management through hands-on real-world exercises . You will practice delivering business value by assessing a project’s business case, identifying stakeholders and their relationship to your project while capturing product requirements, and establishing quality metrics to guide the development of your product.
You will also define product scope for both you and your team to ensure clarity for project delivery is met and create a work breakdown structure as well. You will learn how to manage your project within the planned budget, schedule by controlling change, identifying and assessing risks, assumptions, along with constraints. Track the delivery of business value and close projects out in an effective manner.
By the end of this course, you will gain a good understanding and experience of the core competencies that make a successful project manager.
This course covers the same subjects as the IT Project Management and Applied Project Management course.
- Certified instructor Led training
- In-person course delivery
- Catered lunch, snacks, coffee and light breakfast foods daily
- This is a 3 day in-class program
- Students can also participate in the course virtually.
TrainLive is an interactive delivery platform for the training. The students will be able to see/hear/speak with the trainer. The training is live, via the web. Students will be able to interact with the other students sitting in the classroom.
Requirements for TrainLive students
- PC with high-speed internet
- PC that ideally is hard-wired, as opposed to wireless, to help prevent audio/video drops
- Ideally taken from home as opposed to work to prevent firewall issues. If training is taken from work, please ensure students can connect prior to the course when they receive their course login credentials.
- 2 monitors, one for their book, one for the course
- Headset with microphone
Students who take the TrainLive format will receive their login details one week prior to the course via email. This will allow them the opportunity to test their PC with our technician to ensure compatibility. Please make sure to conduct the test from the PC where they will take the training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone who is involved in, or affected by, projects or change management within an organization
- Project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project team members, subject matter experts, analysts, stakeholders, and senior managers who want to get more out of their project teams
- Anyone in a leadership role who will benefit from an introduction to the art and science of project management
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to articulate the relevance of core project management competences.
- Key project goals and assumptions and set the stage for value delivery.
- Methods to identify stakeholders and assess how to engage with them during the project.
- Stakeholder informational needs and how to meet them by creating an actionable communication plan.
- Process of articulating product scope as part of the charter.
- Familiarity with the process of eliciting and capturing requirements.
- How to create the WBS and dictionary that would deliver the scope in the project charter.
- Process of performing a more detailed and systematic assessment of risk.
- Guiding quality characteristics for a project.
- Sequence activities, create schedule, and estimate the cost of the project.
- Management of change in projects.
- Tracking value delivery in projects.
- The basics of a project retrospective.
This course is unavailable at this time.
Course Fees (Login required)