Agile Project Management
Learn how to implement best practices and manage an agile project from inception to closeout.
This course provides a thorough understanding of the agile process and extensive opportunities to practice implementing agile best practices throughout a project’s life cycle. You will learn about agile concepts such as the minimum viable product (MVP), project envisioning, team velocity, estimating and prioritizing user stories, how to manage risk, effective techniques to identify key stakeholders and their success criteria, and best practices for leading agile teams.
The course exercises provide hands-on experience in all areas of agile project management, including developing an agile team, understanding client needs, creating user stories, estimating required resources, and prioritizing features. This course also covers how to coach and collaborate effectively, including integrating with teams using different methodologies. Additionally, you will plan iterations, identify risk, modify stories in the backlog, and coordinate a release.
This course includes:
- Certified instructor-led training
- Virtual course delivery
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Project managers
- Program managers
- IT managers
- Team leads
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
- Define a project’s vision and scope
- Identify stakeholders and success criteria
- Identify users
- Develop an agile team
- Review, estimate, and prioritize user stories
- Create an iteration and release plan
- Identify and manage project risk
- Plan communication
- Plan and conclude an iteration
- Add or modify stories in the backlog
- Manage impediments
- Interface with teams that use other development methodologies
- Coordinate a release
- Close out a project
- Apply agile practices to your organization