Federated Identity Management Services
We offer consulting services to support the adoption and implementation of identity and access management services through CANARIE's Canadian Access Federation (CAF).
Canada’s research and higher-ed institutions trust the Federated Identity Management (FIM) service to securely connect students, staff, and faculty to global resources – using a single, secure digital identity.
We have identity management technical experts that can support institutions with knowledge and resources to ensure a smooth and cost-effective transition. As regional partner with CANARIE and CAF, we support members in transitioning to the CAF identity and access management services. Our vision is to create a regional collaboration, a digital ‘circle of trust’. This enables members to join the CAF and improve access to online services.
- Mentoring and coaching support
- Reduce the learning curve in deploying federated identity services
- Access to identity provider infrastructure and hosting services
- Reduce overall federated identity costs
- Support in setting up federated single sign-on (SSO) for sector-wide, shared IT services
- Technical support to assist in deploying an IdP installer to connect your institution’s identity management system to the federated SSO server
- Support in setting up federated SSO for shared IT services
- Assist with providing information on how to participate in the CAF
- Provide answers to questions about eduroam
- Assess your institutions readiness for federated SSO
- Access to an IdP installer that streamlines the deployment of a CAF-compliant identity-provider
- Access to support resources and configuration templates to connect your institution's identity management system to shared IT services in the federation
This service is available to all members. To see a complete list of all BCNET members, please use the following link.