We are Strengthening Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity is a growing and important issue for our member institutions.
With the number of new cyberthreats facing our community, cybersecurity is a top priority for our member institutions.
To strengthen cybersecurity in our community, BCNET formed the Cybersecurity and Identity Management Services Committee. Made up of a diverse group of chief information officers, chief information security officers, information security managers and subject matter experts, the committee’s mandate is to:
- Collaborate on service requirements
- Influence sector-wide practices and standards
- Recommend information protection, data protection and privacy programs
- Identify common cybersecurity service needs
- Prioritize service delivery
The committee prioritized a number of shared services to help member institutions protect information.