BCNET is a federally incorporated, not-for-profit organization that is governed by its member-elected Board of Directors. The Board sets the strategic direction of the organization and delegates operational responsibility to BCNET's CEO and staff.
Five Membership ClassES
BCNET represents all public, post-secondary education institutions in the province. Our bylaws identify five membership classes that designate voting rights at general meetings and determine Board representation:
- Founding (The University of British Columbia, University of Victoria, Simon Fraser University)
- Core (University of Northern British Columbia, British Columbia Institute of Technology, Thompson Rivers University)
- Universities & Institutes
- Research and Other Higher Education
There are 23 Directors of the Board, of which, 15 are elected by the membership classes. There are seven at large directors and a Board appointed President/CEO.
BCNET has four standing committees that are made up of Board members:
- Audit & Risk Management
- Nominating and Governance Review