Member Success Manager
BCNET is on a mission to grow our collaborative procurement opportunities for our higher education members.
We are looking for a Member Success Manager to help us expand our procurement portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for a procurement leader to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals at 25 colleges, universities and institutes to support the delivery of innovative solutions for higher education in BC.
As an integral part of the BCNET procurement team, you will use your natural enthusiasm, change management, influencing and organizational skills to support higher education institutions in accessing and adopting a wide range of contracts and programs.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of individuals at BCNET member institutions to guide them through all phases of the procurement process–– from the first stages of onboarding new solutions to growing participation through communication and support.
Working closely with our dedicated BCNET team and vendor community, you will act as an advocate for members’ needs and help vendors understand requirements and resolve any challenges.
As part of our fast-paced procurement team, your ideas and experience will help us grow procurement. You are eager to give your best every day to continuously deliver exceptional member value through collaboration.
If you’re a person who is driven by bringing people together and influencing change, this is the role for you.
You’re good at:
- Collaborating with others to drive best practices
- Influencing members to achieve success
- Communicating with fellow team members
- Identifying new opportunities for services
How to apply:
- Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: December 17, 2018
The Member Success Manager will focus on growing contract participation among our members and support the efficient onboarding of BCNET higher education procurement contracts.
You will collaborate with, educate and advise members on the full potential of BCNET contracts and services, and act as the liaison between the member, supplier and BCNET. You are adept at communicating with various member-led working groups and higher ed departments to enhance support programs, satisfaction, and grow contract participation. You actively assist members to develop, execute and sustain their objectives as they onboard to new procurement contracts/solutions.
You have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, change management and are a highly effective communicator.
This is a two-year term position beginning February 1, 2019 and ending February 1, 2021.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Member Success Manager will:
- Build relationships and influence members to adopt BCNET contracts
- Become the “trusted advisor” for higher education procurement in BC
- Provide input and advice to support the effective growth, development and management of the BCNET Procurement portfolio
- Create strategies to enhance communication, implementation, and change management to grow member participation in contracts and support onboarding activities/processes
- Develop communication strategies and opportunities to market the value of new and existing contracts to improve adoption
- Foster a highly engaged, higher ed procurement community in BC
- Foster two-way communication between members and contracted suppliers to provide input for strategies on institutional change management and onboarding activities
- Facilitate cross-functional communication to ensure stakeholders are engaged in ongoing contract onboarding and management processes
- Correspond with members on the progress of their onboarding process
- Conduct training webinars to support the onboarding of new contracts
- Identify opportunities to enhance onboarding efficiency and service expansion
- Foster effective working relationships among members and suppliers to prevent and address vendor and contract performance issues. Working with the institution’s contract administrator, you will strive to achieve quick and mutually agreed upon performance resolutions, wherever possible.
- Provide ongoing contract management support
- Develop and maintain a project / work plan and report on the successful performance of the plan
- Establish/maintain a formal communication process and timeline for member feedback and contract assessment
- Oversee procurement projects as assigned by the CPO
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in customer service role
- 5+ years’ experience in management position preferred
- Professional certification from a recognized purchasing association and or from a recognized project management association would be an asset
- Must have some experience in procurement, contract development, negotiations and management
- Demonstrated experience in developing service and/or business plans.
- Strong communication skills required
The Member Success Manager will perform tasks requiring knowledge and understanding of public procurement in a collaborative multi-institutional environment
- Demonstrated skills in the use of procurement and project management approaches
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a member-driven, decentralized environment as a part of a small office team
- Ability to maintain flexibility and openness to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with team members, collaborators, and clients, with sensitivity to the level of technical communication appropriate to the task and audience